Position Summary: $19.86 -20.39
Completes processes towards the manufacturing of components.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates one or more multiple-spindle bar fed or secondary operation screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanism to perform series of machining operations on metal bar stock or near net blanks, following operator instructions and procedures.
- Reads documents such as operating instructions, tool layouts, quality control plans, and inspection forms for such information as identifying tooling and understanding type and frequency of required quality audits.
- Loads stock into and unloads finish part from appropriate material handling. Starts and stops machine within safe operating practices. Verifies conformance of 1st piece and subsequent run to specifications using go and no go flush pin or snap gages, gauge fixtures, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Correctly identifies, labels, and handles productive & non-productive material. Records and submits required paperwork regarding productivity and quality of operation.
- Able to assist and follow instructions of Lead Operator and be willing to improve skills through daily interaction and corresponding training by Lead Operator.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 6 months experience as a screw machine operator
- Possess knowledge of blueprints, gaging and equipment specific to the job
- Ability to visually identify standard single point tooling
- Ability to work through problems
- Ability to read and understand standard work, directions, charts and control plans
- Ability to follow directions and flexibility to respond to problems and changes in job assignments
- Able to work all shifts
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled