This position encompasses a wide range of duties throughout the plant to support production. Duties will be performed in all areas and personnel will be cross-trained and multi disciplined. This position is responsible for contributing to a safe work place and minimizing negative environmental impacts by complying with the EHS policies, procedures, work instructions outlined in the EHSMS Training Assessment for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to work an 8-hour shift on a regular basis and flex to 12 hours as needed.
- Operates a box truck and/or a tractor trailer (53') for transportation of manufactured goods, dunnage and other materials between the South Bend Main Plant and the Distribution Center (generally within a 2 mile radius).
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of paperwork and labeling of product, staging, loading, unloading, manual assembly and other process support operations.
- Responsible for quality of product and notification of appropriate personnel of any labeling or mixed part concerns.
- Adhere to all safety requirements.
- Ensure smooth process flow by moving component parts, full or empty bins, trash, scrap, and other materials at various stages through the production process through the use of a forklift truck, pallet truck or by hand. The ability to recognize different stages of the cycle and communicate with other associates are essential.
- Using 5S system and maintaining a clean work environment, which may consist of running the floor scrubber and painting.
- Repair, clean, and process incoming and outgoing dunnage, meeting the customer dunnage specifications.
- Responsible for housekeeping duties as assigned by production managers.
- Other duties may include assisting with shipping/receiving processes, storekeeping functions and outside errands.
- Responsible for the safety, cleanliness and upkeep of the truck. Is required to represent Federal-Mogul on the road and at our customers and vendors professionally at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all EHSMS policies and procedures.
- Instructs on safe work practices and promotes safety consciousness while practicing safety procedures, enforcing policy regarding safety and making recommendations when needed.
- Sees that company policies and programs are effectively made known; cooperates and assists in the development of effective communications.
- Promotes a positive employer-employee relation.
- Maintains inter-departmental relationships of such a caliber as to promote confidence, integrity and cooperation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to maneuver around plant machinery, work near moving mechanical parts and work in an environment with varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and has the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
- All employees will abide by their location's EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. All employees will also understand all of the environmental aspects of his/her job. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on an occasional (approximately one third of the workday) basis, including moving empty parts baskets.
- On a continuous basis must be able to stand and/or walk while loading the line.
- On a continuous basis will sit while operating the forklift truck.
- On a frequent basis must be able to reach, handle, and use fingers while loading the line, and performing quality checks such as orientation of piston on line.
- Must have good near visual acuity, as well as depth perception.
- Most aspects are performed inside the plant facility, with noise exposure at the loud level (4).
The following aptitudes are needed in at least a medium degree, ranging from slightly below to slightly above average as compared to the normal population:
- Form perception/ability to perceive pertinent detail in objects.
- Finger dexterity/ability to move fingers and manipulate small objects rapidly or accurately.
- Manual dexterity/ability to move the hands easily and skillfully in placing and turning motions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A - CDL license
- Must have recent Class A-CDL Driving experience as well as fork truck experience.
- Must have one year's previous production experience.
- Must be a good communicator and be able to accept requests for assistance from other associates as well as from multiple supervisors.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled