DRiV Motorparts is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Ohlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing the balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with focus on GAAP compliance and operational efficiencies, in accordance with departmental timelines with prompt recommendations for required adjustments.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Timely preparation and submission of Journal entries for review
- Ownership of fixed assets accounting process including tracking of Construction in Process (CIP) and ensuring timely capitalization of CIP
- Perform self-testing and continuous controls monitoring.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities
- Strong understanding regarding Inter-company transaction process and ensure transactions are booked correctly
- Ability to recognize risks and raise issues to leadership. Follow up long aged/unidentified items with relevant team members. Coordinates accounting matters with other departments. Uphold company standards when working with other to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Other ad-hoc matters/projects to be assigned from time to time
- Support the finance team to drive process improvements and policy implementation across the organization
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years accounting experience (ideally 2+ at a public accounting firm or equivalent, plus 2+ as an corporate accountant in automotive industry )
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Keen attention to detail
- Team player with good analytical skills and problem solving ability. Display a positive attitude, with an ability to successfully cope with a changing environment
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities as assigned
- Dynamic, goal oriented, self-starter and ability to work independently with minimum oversight
- Strong prioritization, organizational skills and able to multi task
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in financial reporting systems and ERP systems; SAP is a plus
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled