DRiV Motorparts is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Ohlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are seeking a Quality Engineering Supervisor. They will be responsible for providing plant-wide support on all aspects of product quality including identification, inspection and any nonconformance.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Assure sufficient use of labor force in the quality assurance department.
- Evaluate quality technician performance in the quality assurance department through yearly evaluations.
- Assist in the internal audits at the Boaz Facility.
- Assign weekly job assignments for the quality technicians to assure components, in process inspections and final inspections are completed in a timely manner for production output.
- Maintain and monitor the quality reporting system.
- Write and maintain CMM programs.
- Assist in process capability studies on manufacturing processes in the Boaz Facility.
- Assist in gage capability studies on inspection gages used at the Boaz Facility.
- Comply with all environmental, health, and safety practices, policies, procedures and regulations to ensure a safe and healthful working environment; prevent pollution, practice waste minimization to make continual improvements in the safety and health of all employee and the environment.
- Prepares all required records and reports in a timely manner to all associated personnel as needed.
- Assist with the investigation and documentation of customer concerns and corrective action activities.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance department in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Reports directly to Quality Manager and is responsible to communicate all associated quality matters in a timely manner.
- Work with all production supervisors/managers for training needs for the Quality System.
- Work with supervisors/managers for production support needs.
- Work with outside suppliers concerning quality issues.
- Work with engineering and quality manager on company quality and production issues.
- Work with external auditors during quality, safety and environmental audits.
EDUCATION: High School Degree or GED. Associate Quality Engineer Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years quality experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of measurement practices and techniques, including GD & T knowledge.
- Computer skills in, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Statistical analysis, precision measurement and process capability studies are an intricate part of the quality system at Boaz; therefore, courses related to these areas such as mathematics, statistics and industrial practices are essential for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled