Set up Valve Seat Inspection Systems, Two Point Gaging Systems (Manual Wrap) and any other measuring equipment as needed, to specifications by performing the following:
- Accountable for ensuring a quality product is released to Tenneco Powertrain customers.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure that customer requirements and Tenneco Powertrain standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the Management Systems.
- Reads router, production schedules and special instructions for product specifications such as, dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs, and computer systems.
- Sets up equipment by selecting programs on VSI Vision Systems/Manual Wrap Stations that includes specified tolerances/parameters.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to camera placement, camera focus, railsetting, probe settings, switches, control of pneumatic valve adjustments, feeds and speeds are in conformance to specification by using established standards. Ability to use air gauging, digital indicators, visual standards and any other inspection equipment as required.
- Monitors and sets up equipment daily.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the equipment by observation and general cleaning (TPM's).
- Ability to analyze nonconforming parts and report these findings to their supervisor/management. Nonconforming parts can include dimensional and visual.
- Overtime to support manufacturing requirements are posted weekly. Overtime may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled